149,992 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Poll

What bicycle do you ride on, to your NHS workplace?

All about cycling..
1. Tourer

14% (1 votes)
2. Mountain Bike

0% (0 votes)
3. Racer

0% (0 votes)
4. Folding Bike

0% (0 votes)
5. Hybrid Bike

86% (6 votes)
6. Electric Bike

0% (0 votes)
7. A Trike

0% (0 votes)
8. recumbent bicycle

0% (0 votes)
9. Cargo bike

0% (0 votes)
10. eCargo bike

0% (0 votes)
11. Vintage Bike pre 1980's

0% (0 votes)

Fill That Hole

Up to Cycling Forum
May 08. 2013
Nick Wigston

That got your attention

Although I have known about the site by CTC (http://www.fillthathole.org.uk) for a while now I have only just started to use it. 

It is a fantastic way to highlight the number of issues there is on the roads today, and to get your local council to do something about it. It only takes about 5 min to do, so should not be pushed aside.

It is not fair that we the cyclists are pushed aside by substandard roads or paths, and this should be rectified as soon as it is possible.

On my commute to work there are a number of issues as such I have only managed to raise 7 of them so far today. Tomorrow is another day though and as such will be raising a few more. :)

So come on everyone let’s get our roads and paths sorted.

May 13. 2013
Phil Williams

If you have an Apple device there is an app for this as well which is pretty straightforward to use.

I'm not sure if there is an android version.

May 14. 2013
Alexander Ford

All Very useful tools in reporting potholes, but the best by far is go direct to your local council's website and usually under the "Highways" folder you can report potholes or more venerable to cyclists, holes forming around drainage grids. 

I have been so successful in logging ours I now get a personal call from the chief of Highways ;^)   

May 15. 2013
Nick Wigston

There does not seem to be an app for Android as it is said that the web interface is good enough which is a shame, I have even looked for an Android app although there are 2 they are not very good.

I find the local council (Kent County Council) website is very clunky and a lot harder to use although the map is very detailed. Also with riding in different counties, I find it a lot easier to just go to one source and go from there.

As Alexander said they are all very useful tools in reporting potholes, and really it should not matter what method you use as long as long as the hazards are reported, if the councils are not informed then the problem will not be fixed.

Working in I.T it is better that multiple people raise a call about an issue rather than none and not knowing about it. 

May 15. 2013
Mathew Stephenson

I have reported three potholes in the last week using fillthathole app. it is simple to use from iphone but agree it would be beneficial on android as I am going back to android soon. (I am not impressed with iphone)

It will be interesting to see how long, if at all, it will take Stockport Council to repair the potholes. I plan to record every pothole on my 9 miles route to work and hopefully have a smooth commute sometime in the future. Wishful thinking but if you dont ask, you dont get!

I do wonder how serious the information is taken and some holes look fairly innocuous or even avoidable but not always able to avoid when you have a lorry, bus or car overtaking you or you have to filter over it.