150,850 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

Peer nomination for new PMA's

Up to Q&A Forum
May 10. 2018
Mair Davies

We are starting to look at recruitment for more PMA's for our team.  I think that peer selection in the SoM process allowed for increased legitimacy of the role as supportive to the team.  We are keen to involve some level of peer nomination however want to make the process as easy and stress free.  Could you share with us how you used peer nomination previously and if you intend to use it in the future.  Also if you thought it worked well.

Thanks in advance.

August 27. 2018
Jillian Ireland

We used peer nomination for the SoM course. What we did was ask a prospective trainee SoM to collect the names of 5 peers (I can't remember if they also supplied a statement re why they would be good as a SoM).

In Poole currently I have invited interested parties to come to meetings and potentially the conference in Coventry with me to see if the role is something they might be interested in.

August 27. 2018
Jillian Ireland

We used peer nomination for the SoM course. What we did was ask a prospective trainee SoM to collect the names of 5 peers (I can't remember if they also supplied a statement re why they would be good as a SoM).

In Poole currently I have invited interested parties to come to meetings and potentially the conference in Coventry with me to see if the role is something they might be interested in.