Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

NHSMail Transition

NHSMail Transition

Network navigation

Outlook performance

Up to NHSMail Transition
November 02. 2016
Alex Davies

We seems to have a lot of users struggling with Outlook over the past few weeks.  Its taking a very long time to start up, synchronisation is very slow and can often crash following this.  Anyone else having these problems?

November 03. 2016
Nicola Redwood

I've been seeing similar and trying to do some further investigation

I've seem a lot more sync errors being generated 

Some of these are as a result of engineers setting up access to shared mailboxes in Outlook incorrectly I.e adding as a second account under Account Settings instead of adding to the individual users Outlook profile

This is generally not the root cause as the sync issues continue after the Outlook profile has been recreated and everything configured correctly

I'll post some details of some of the errors tomorrow.  Working together may produce some results quicker

I'm hoping to get a couple more people to forward me sync issue error logs over the next couple of weeks

I've had very little time to dig deeper over the couple of weeks since I started looking into this

Out of interest, do any of your affected users have any delegate access to any other mailboxes ( sharing permissions )?

November 03. 2016
Nicola Redwood

15:06:42 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
15:06:42 [80040305-54A-4DE-130]
15:06:42 Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing.
15:06:42 Microsoft Exchange Information Store

Further info here on this one

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115602

09:56:08 Error synchronizing folder
09:56:08 [80040109-50A-80040109-560]
09:56:08 The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed.
09:56:08 Microsoft Exchange Information Store

November 07. 2016
Alex Davies

Thanks for that Nicola, it seems to mix a mix of accounts here, some with shared folders some without...