146,090 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

PEP packs

Up to PEP
September 19. 2014
Richard Sutton

Hi all,

Just wondered what everyone is using in their HIV PEP packs these days. Our GUM dept are asking for a change of contents, but I've heard of any changes on the national front.

Currently we've got Kaletra and Truvada that we buy in for about £100 each from Brighton Pharmacy manufacturing unit.

Does anyone do anythign different, and if so, where do you get them from?

Thanks in anticipation

Richard (Burton hospitals)

September 22. 2014
Daniel Peddie

Hi Richard,

We have been using Truvada / Kaletra. Due to the domperidone saftey alert we have been using ondansetron as our anti-emetic. 

I view of recent guidance from the Expert Advisory Group on Aids we are planning to change to Truvada/ Raltegravir in the near future.

Thanks

Daniel

New Cross Hospital.

Attachments
September 22. 2014
mabid

Hi Richard,

Similalry, anticipating on switching to Truvada/ Raltegravir as above.

Regards

Muhammad

Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust

September 23. 2014
Kate Gandhi

The same for us at Heartlands. We have used raltegravir two or three times already.

Once the adolescent and paediatric PEP guidelines have been approved I will send you all an update.

Kate Gandhi

Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

0121 424 0981

September 25. 2014
Alison Darley

We'll be switching to Truvada and Raltegravir as well. Continuing as before while the Trust guidelines are updated so not quite sure when we will actually make the change just yet...

What are you all doing about the antiemetics once you switch? We get our starter packs from Whipps Cross who say they struggle to get hold of ondansetron sometimes (!) so would prefer to use Cyclizine. We don't really want to use Cyclizine, but thinking that we could use domperidone with raltegravir anyway... Or we could get the started packs from another unit!