Metabolic Pharmacists Group

Metabolic Pharmacists Forum

Network navigation

BIMDG Pharmacist subgroup meeting- SAVE THE DATE

Up to Metabolic Pharmacists Forum
October 25. 2017
Will Batten

Dear all (who are interested),

I think it would be a good idea to start up the BIMDG Pharmacist subgroup meeting again as I we didn’t meet last year.  I wanted to try something different this year if you all agree. 

Historically, we have met in September but with SSIEM conference in September and along with back to school time, I think it would be good to combine the meeting with the BIMDG annual conference at the end of June and may be more realistic and manageable to have a single meeting once a year at the conference.  At the BIMDG annual symposium, usually in the morning of the Thursday the nurses, biochemists, dieticians etc. meet in their own groups and I thought it would be good to run a pharmacy session/meeting parallel to this.  It would have the opportunity to attend the whole BIMDG symposium and go to any talks that you are interested in, or present any (metabolic) posters you have.  It would be great to see more pharmacists at the BIMDG conference.

Save the date: The BIMDG 2018 annual symposium will be held on Thursday 21st June and Friday 22nd June 2018 at East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham. 

With all this in mind, I have preliminarily booked a room for pharmacists on the Thursday morning.  Agenda for the morning is very flexible and suggestions are more than welcome.  I would like to open it up to non-BIMDG members also who may be interested.  If I could get an idea of interest/numbers that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Will

Bristol Royal Hospital for Children

February 15. 2018
Will Batten

Dear all,

Please find attached draft agenda/programme for the BIMDG pharmacist study morning that will take place the morning of Thursday 21st June 2018 at East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.  Currently, the agenda is just a draft - topics & times are flexible and subject to confirmation.  If there is something you’d like to see or hear of then please let me know as it’s likely other’s will want something similar and I can try and arrange this.

I hope the study morning/meeting will be quite relaxed and I hope it will provide stimulating discussions and sharing of work.  If you’d like to present or discuss work and/or ideas then there will be the opportunity to do this here and let me know in advance.

This meeting will take place as part of the BIMDG 2018 symposium.  This is a two day event (with dinner and drinks on the Thursday evening) and is a good opportunity to discuss and share work, knowledge and ideas; put names to faces and it would be great to see more pharmacists in the metabolic world.

I hope to see you there and please do get in touch with an ideas  or comments.

Kind regards,

Will

Bristol Royal Hospital for Children

P.S. If there is anything you would like to raise at the BIMDG committee meeting then let me know and I can raise at the committee meeting in March.

Attachments