142,234 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

~Welcome

Up to non-medical prescribing
April 26. 2010
Colin Waldock

Welcome to the new nhs networks site, please can all AHPs who have previoulsy been in contact say "hi" if you pass by.

Colin

September 16. 2010
Gurj Bhella

Hi! :)

January 14. 2011
Margaret Domoney

Hi Colin,

I've just joined the network and have just completed my first training week for non-medical prescribing in Inverness. I'm an out-patient musculoskeletal physio working in Grantown-on-Spey. Is there anybody out there who is doing this type of work and using Clinical Management Plans. Any ideas as to how they can work in practice would be great

Margaret

January 14. 2011
Colin Waldock

Previously Margaret Domoney wrote:

Hi Colin,

I've just joined the network and have just completed my first training week for non-medical prescribing in Inverness. I'm an out-patient musculoskeletal physio working in Grantown-on-Spey. Is there anybody out there who is doing this type of work and using Clinical Management Plans. Any ideas as to how they can work in practice would be great

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

This network has been so quiet we closed it - or I thought we had anyway.  There is a non med prescribing resource now on iCSP which prob meets the needs for physios more than adequately.  I also work in Outpatients and would be happy to discuss methods of making it owrk with you  my e-mail is Colin.Waldock@nhs.net

January 15. 2011
Colin Waldock

I have just visited the forum and found that it is still open for anyone who wishes to utilise it for professional debate.  I am happy to continue to act as moderator if you all wish to continue to have this network as a forum

Colin

July 10. 2012
Anonymous

Hi, 

Im a podiatrist that has just passed my supplementary prescribing (the same course the nurses did for independent but with more exams and more hoops)

Am I the only AHP that is mega frustrated with the extra work and lack of recognitions AHPs get? I am still finding it hard in private practice to gain prescriptions from pharmacies even when working directly within a CMP they will only accept them from nurses and Drs?? So am am left wondering why I bothered if we still need the Dr or a nurse to do this for us?

Is any one else having this issue? Also with the initial assessment and diagnosis, does this have to be done face to face by the independent Prescriber?

Advice welcome

August 23. 2012
Colin Waldock

Hello Podiatry colleague

there is no reason why pharmacies should not accept a prescription from you in private practice if you have an agreed CMP.  You obviously wont be using FP10s for this so this may be where the concern is coming from them, it may just be that you need to do some local negotiation with the medicine management team and the local pharmaceutical bodies.  the initial assessment is your assessment and certainly within Physiotherapy prescribing does not and should not lead to a loss of professional autonomy so what is required is that you assess the patient and then liaise with your IP for that patient as regards the pharmaceutical possibilities within your CMP.  Once created this exists for the life of the CMP.

I hope that helps

Colin

my email is Colin.Waldock@nhs.net if you wish to discuss further

April 06. 2013
blaquedezires

Hi, im a neuro physiotherapist and a supplementary prescriber ......hello all!!

February 26. 2014
Colin Waldock

Hi Andrew

welcome, sorry for the delayed response!

Colin