148,897 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

HLP masterclasses

Up to HLP forum
January 13. 2014
Deborah Evans

Dear HLP leads [LPC's, Local Authorities, CCGs]

I am pleased to confirm that Public Health England are supporting the acceleration of the Healthy Living Pharmacy concept and I will be undertaking further project management as part of my role on the Pharmacy and Public Health Forum. As part of our support plan for areas implementing the HLP concept, I will be facilitating a series of HLP masterclasses during February as follows:

5th February North [either Manchester or Leeds]

11th February London

13th February Midlands [Birmingham area]

NB: I don't have sight of the local Call to Action workshops so if any of these dates clash please advise as there is still some flexibility.

Aim of the masterclasses

The masterclasses aim to support areas at difference stages of implementation and will be structured accordingly. The agenda is likely to include the following [to be confirmed]:

• Overview of progress from the HLP Task Group of the Pharmacy and Public Health Forum
  • How different areas have implemented the HLP concept
    • Sharing of best practice
    • Identification of barriers and ideas to overcome
    • Successes
    • Level 2 and 3
  • Quality Assurance
    • Local accreditation and processes; under the new NHS/Local Authority structures
    • Input into developing consistent Quality Assurance across the country
    • Removal of HLP quality mark
  • Resources to support implementation
  • Keeping the concept alive; motivating self and others.

Whether you are newly setting off on your HLP journey or have been involved for some time, you will have much to contribute and take away. Please feed in any specifics you would like covered in the agenda.

Places are free of charge; please register your interest with me by return of the email [indicating location and date of choice] so I can manage logistics.

Kind regards

Deborah

Project Manager Healthy Living Pharmacy

deb@balancesolutions.org.uk

07899 967040