148,875 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

IMPORTANT: consistency when awarding the HLP quality mark

Up to HLP forum
February 24. 2012
Deborah Evans

Dear Pathfinder areas,

As many of you are starting to award the HLP Quality Mark to deserving pharmacies, I thought now would be a good time to remind you that there are some national requirements of the HLP programme to ensure consistency. This is particularly important to make sure that we can evaluate the impact of HLP across different areas and that the HLP quality mark is not devalued. The following will help in maintaining this standard and should be common to all areas:

The Quality Criteria, developed by the National Reference Group, must be met by HLPs, and the commissioner should have a process in place to assure themselves that the pharmacy being awarded the Quality Mark has met these, ideally by visiting the pharmacy and engaging with the staff.

Each pharmacy must have at least one Health Champion in place qualified to the RSPH's Understanding Health Improvement Level 2 award.

Each Pharmacy should have someone within their pharmacy who has undertaken leadership development, ideally linked to the outcomes shared on this site. The aim is to have leaders within the pharmacy who can support change and develop, engage and motivate their workforce.

A minimum of two commissioned services to be consistently delivered to a high quality, as defined by the local commissioner and HLP team.

One of the exciting aspects of this pathfinder programme is that different areas will try different things and the concept will grow and evolve, however we do need the core of the concept to be maintained for this to be meaningfully evaluted and for ethos to be felt by the public and commissioners alike.

I thank you for your cooperation with this and please do get in touch with me if you have any questions or want any additional support.

Kind regards

Deborah