147,380 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

HLP update

Up to HLP forum
June 01. 2012
Deborah Evans

Dear HLP areas

I do hope you are very well and a huge thanks to all of you who have kept me up to date on your progress. It has been wonderful to hear of your stories, successes and to see the pictures! It has been sometime since I have sent anything out so thought it was time for an update from me to you and to request that you complete the attached template so that we can continue to monitor progress and understand where we are up nationally. I am keen to maintain a current list of our HLPs across the country so please do send me your latest details on the attached template (second page of the report) so that we know how many we have and who has been quality-marked. This is important to ensure that any materials or requests for logos for websites are released.

Update

·         To date we have over 230 quality marked HLPs recorded across 16 pathfinder areas and 2 non-pathfinder areas; I believe there are many more so please do let me have the information

·         There are in excess of 600 Health Champions now qualified within community pharmacy and over 500 pharmacy leaders have been through leadership training; again I believe we have far more!

·         You should be collating data up until end of June and thereafter putting together your evaluation; more details on timings to follow

·         We are progressing with how we will collate the evaluation from each area and will be in touch shortly with further details

·         Senior stakeholder support continues; the next important milestone begin the production of the pathfinder report, anticipated in the Autumn

·         Lord Howe visited the 100th HLP (Baxenden Pharmacy in Accrington) and was quoted “If we can get Healthy Living Pharmacies right across the country, then they will be seen as a real hub in the community.”

·         The Pharmacy and Public Health Forum work-stream on HLP is progressing; more to report following a meeting in early July

·         One HLP master-class is planned for 27 June in the Midlands area; more details to follow but do put the date in your diaries; the focus will be on evaluation

·         My continued national support for HLP has been confirmed; one day a week commissioned by CCA, NPA, PSNC and RPS

What I need from you

·         Completion of both attached templates by 15 June please – there are two worksheets to complete.

·         Confirmation of how many of you will be attending the masterclass on 27 June (10 until 4)

Many thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm and I look forward to seeing you later this month.

Deborah

Attachments