149,995 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Information and advice guides for people supporting someone with a mental illness in the criminal justice system

Up to Implementation Plans
June 27. 2012
Polly McConnell

Hi Everyone,

My name's Polly and I'm the Senior Criminal Justice Officer for the Rethink Advice & Information Service at Rethink Mental Illness. My role involves giving information and advice to people affected by mental illness in the criminal justice system.

We have recently produced some guides for people supporting someone with a mental illness in the criminal justice system. There are 5 guides focusing on each stage of the system - Arrest, Court, Prison, Secure Hospital and Coming Home. They include information about each stage, what might happen, how the reader can help, questions they can ask professionals, useful checklists and contact details of organisations for further advice and support. The guides have recently been uploaded on this network, on 31st May, so please do take a look if you're interested. They are also available to download for free from our website www.rethink.org/cjguides and we are due to print hard copies soon.

If you have any queries about these guides, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,

Polly
polly.knevitt@rethink.org