149,988 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Tweeting and keeping in touch

Up to Implementation Plans
May 27. 2012
professor louis appleby

Dear All

Last week I started a twitter account with the aim of raising the profile of offender health.  Since then I have posted items about minimum pricing for alcohol, the insanity defence, rates of psychosis in prisons and the latest sentencing statistics.  There has been a running debate about the use of section 136. 

Many of the people contributing are from the police force or from mental health.  Some are in senior positions, others working in front-line services.  Many don't say why they are interested - I assume that some are members of the public.

I am particularly keen to see people who work in liaison and diversion contributing or keeping in touch following a visit.  If you want to take part or just observe, you can search for me with @ProfLAppleby

If you are unused to twitter, it couldn't be easier to join - just search for the twitter page and set up an account using your email address.

All the best

Louis Appleby

May 28. 2012
angela

Dear Louis,

Would it be possible to open a discussion on here, I'm not sure how I feel about using Twitter in that context?

Also it would be helpful to know who if you work for Offender health or a university etc,?

Best wishes

Angela

May 30. 2012
professor louis appleby

Yes, discussion coming here too. But a public-facing discussion is also vital.

Louis

May 30. 2012
professor louis appleby

Yes, discussion coming here too. But a public-facing discussion is also vital.

Louis