DIHNet

DIHNet world

Network navigation

New Stay Well Resources

Up to DIHNet world
September 23. 2015
laura whittingham

Hi Guys

Having a bit of a debate with NHS England about whether the NHS logo is placed correctly on the new Stay Well resources. I thought the 'NHS' letters had to be the same colour as the background they are placed on. What do you guys think? Check out page 14 of the guidelines https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources/campaigns/34-stay-well-this-winter/resources/291

September 23. 2015
Brian Parkinson
Hi Laura. My reaction was the same as yours - but then I checked the original guidance. The main identity guide reads as follows: << When using other colours within the NHS colour palette as a background colour the logo should be reversed out and the lettering within the logo should be the same colour as the background.>> << When it is not possible or desirable to use a background colour from the NHS colour palette the NHS logo should only be NHS blue or black on a light coloured background where there is sufficient contrast to ensure clarity.>> It's not very clear, but it sounds like if those blues in the background aren't from the NHS colour palette, the the "NHS" should be in NHS blue or black. What do you think?
September 23. 2015
laura whittingham

Ive just heard back from NHS England who have assured me that the identity team have approved all the artwork. It just doesn't look right to me, but never mind. They did tell me though that they are in the process of rewriting the NHS brand guidelines and they are due to be released next year. Wonder what exciting changes they will bring?!?

September 23. 2015
Brian Parkinson
I wonder who is writing the new guidance. It would be great if some of us who use the brand every day could offer some 'real world' input.