Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Diabetes Midwives

Treatment for diabetes in pregnancy - Anya Wright

Network navigation

written information given to women

Up to Treatment for diabetes in pregnancy - Anya Wright
February 02. 2014
Edwina Lee

Hello, I was wondering how much written information is given to women when diagnosed with GDM. We give a leaflet produced by a well know drugs company regarding GDM and info on diet. Does anyone else give any other info for example about colostrom harvesting or an introduction to the diabetes team with contact numbers and names,appointment system etc.. Do you recommend any websites?

Thanks for any help hope you are not all working too hard. Edwina.

February 04. 2014
Jenni Peters

Hi Edwina,

We give written Diabetes information from our Trust Patient Advice and Information Database. This information is produced by the Diabetes Team. They include for example, testing for and developing GDM, Postnatal advice, Introductions to Diabetes Team, Type one Diabetes and pregnancy, DKA/Sick day rules, hypoglycaemia, driving.  The Dieticians give out their own booklets.  Our Breastfeeding support Nurse will see our ladies and give leaflets.  We also give out leaflets produced by companies.

Jenni Peters

February 06. 2014
heather chandler

We produce our own leaflet that give to women, includes lot of info about diabetes, diet, testing, postnatal advice and beyond. It is given to all the women type1,2 and GDM. All women previously were given the NICE patient info that accolmpanied the guideline but as stopped printing we signpost to Trust website where all the Nice guidance leaflets are.

I have seperate leaflet for sick day rules and Metformin in pregnancy, plus one that I send out when notifying of post natal result for the GDM.

Harvesting colostrum I normally talk to them about and do have some of the sheets from La Leche league that I can give out.

Don't tend to give out any company ones, other than the Diary for their test results and Pre pregnancy booklet from Abbott

Hope that helps!

Heather Chandler

CHUFT

February 06. 2014
heather chandler

We produce our own leaflet that give to women, includes lot of info about diabetes, diet, testing, postnatal advice and beyond. It is given to all the women type1,2 and GDM. All women previously were given the NICE patient info that accolmpanied the guideline but as stopped printing we signpost to Trust website where all the Nice guidance leaflets are.

I have seperate leaflet for sick day rules and Metformin in pregnancy, plus one that I send out when notifying of post natal result for the GDM.

Harvesting colostrum I normally talk to them about and do have some of the sheets from La Leche league that I can give out.

Don't tend to give out any company ones, other than the Diary for their test results and Pre pregnancy booklet from Abbott

Hope that helps!

Heather Chandler

CHUFT