Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Diabetes Midwives

Sliding scale insulin for labour, delivery and ELSCS for women on insulin

Network navigation

Test

Up to Sliding scale insulin for labour, delivery and ELSCS for women on insulin
March 24. 2011
Sooi-Mai Jones

The Guidelines for Barts & the London NHS Trust gives a clear guide to commence sliding scale for established labourer and planned Caesarian.

Hope this will answer your query.

Regards

Sooi-Mai

March 24. 2011
sheena prentice

Previously Sooi-Mai Jones wrote:

The Guidelines for Barts & the London NHS Trust gives a clear guide to commence sliding scale for established labourer and planned Caesarian.

Regards

Sooi-Mai

In Nottingham we had two large Teaching Hospitals which merged 2 years ago. Although one Trust now there remains slightly different management in Labour although the use of a sliding scale where necessary is a part of management.

I posted a question this week on the Network however about the management of women to require pre-term steroids as there are notable differences in management with my two hospitals and I want a consensus of opinion from my Endocrine and Obstetric Consultants. I have been employed since June 2010 and part of my role was to ensure standardisation of care over both sites. At a recent cross-town meeting there was a request to find out the practices of other regions and to see if nationally there was consensus of management care. From all the e-mails I received I can say nationally there seems a variety of care provided but all with the same goals and outcomes i.e. good/or the best glucose control under the circumstances. If anyone has seen any published papers specifically on this topic I would be interested to see them.

Sheena Prentice

Lead Midwife Diabetes

April 08. 2011
peggy woodward

Regards

Sooi-Mai

Hi Sooi-Mai,

Would you be willing to let me have a copy of the Barts& the London NHS Trust guidelines?

Or is there someone else I should approach?

Many thanks

Peggy

April 11. 2011
Sooi-Mai Jones

Dear Peggy,

Try opening the section latest document. Is posted there.

Sooi-mai

Previously peggy woodward wrote:

Regards

Sooi-Mai

Hi Sooi-Mai,

Would you be willing to let me have a copy of the Barts& the London NHS Trust guidelines?

Or is there someone else I should approach?

Many thanks

Peggy