147,152 members

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Network navigation

Courses in Special Care Dentistry for DCP's

Up to Courses in SCD for DCPs
May 17. 2010
Abbie Birch

I've heard that there will be a course starting this year, possibly September at Hull University. You can download the NEBDN prospectus on the course from the NEBDN website with would give you an idea of what the course may involve.

May 28. 2010
Simon Tiller

Previously Abbie Birch wrote:

I've heard that there will be a course starting this year, possibly September at Hull University. You can download the NEBDN prospectus on the course from the NEBDN website with would give you an idea of what the course may involve.

Abbie, the NEBDN Special Care course is run at various centres, such as Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff and Birmingham,however, BSDH would like to hear from anyone who has details of the courses as we don't hear directly about them.

I have found this about the Birmingham Dental Hospital course though:

'Special Care Dental Nursing Certificate

This course is designed for registered, qualified Dental Nurses with current special care dental nursing experience. The course complies with the National Syllabus, and the aim is to gain a nationally recognised qualification. The cost of the course is currently £495. For further details please contact Debbie Cartwright at Birmingham Dental Hospital. Tel: 0121 237 2774, e-mail Debbie.Cartwright@sbpct.nhs.uk'

August 12. 2010
Simon Tiller

The University of Liverpool are running a NEBDN Special Care course, starting in October. I have uploaded the flyer:

http://www.networks.nhs.uk/nhs-networks/bsdh-dcp-network/documents/Liverpool_NEBDN_SCD_Course_2010_2011.pdf/view

Liverpool has a good reputation for SCD and I expect this will be a very worthwhile course