Aspirant CFT Project Leads

General discussion on CFT application

Network navigation

Aspirant CFT Project Leads Meeting

Up to General discussion on CFT application
June 17. 2011
Jamie Bull

Morning all,

Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting (either virtual or actual) where project leads in the aspirant CFTs come together to share best practice on the work they are doing towards their CFT application?

As the organisations are spread over a wide footprint, as far north as Leeds Community Healthcare all the way down to Solent NHS Trust on the south coast, it maybe worthwhile exploring a web based meeting (here at Bridgewater we use WebEx).  I think if we were to meet up in person we would have to agree on a central location or one that is easily accessible.

Your comments and views would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jamie.

June 20. 2011
David Lee

Previously Jamie Bull wrote:

Morning all,

Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting (either virtual or actual) where project leads in the aspirant CFTs come together to share best practice on the work they are doing towards their CFT application?

As the organisations are spread over a wide footprint, as far north as Leeds Community Healthcare all the way down to Solent NHS Trust on the south coast, it maybe worthwhile exploring a web based meeting (here at Bridgewater we use WebEx).  I think if we were to meet up in person we would have to agree on a central location or one that is easily accessible.

Your comments and views would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Hello Jamie

Would certainly be interested in this. Wonder if it's also worth trying to encourage FTN and / or DH to set up something in the coming period 

David

Hounslow and Richmond

June 20. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read

Jamie

I would also be interested.  FTN appears to cater for everyone involved except the project managers on the CFT applications so something focussed on the actual project management would be great.

Mark

Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

June 22. 2011
Jamie Bull

Thanks for your comments Mark and David.

I have contacted the FTN today as a first step to see if there is any appetite for running this sort of event.  They already run Community Service Group meetings for member organisations who are providing or who have acquired community services (Mental Health, Acute and CFT) but I have asked if there were any plans in place for CFT specific events.

I'll let you know when I get a response.

July 22. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read
Previously Jamie Bull wrote:

Thanks for your comments Mark and David.

I have contacted the FTN today as a first step to see if there is any appetite for running this sort of event.  They already run Community Service Group meetings for member organisations who are providing or who have acquired community services (Mental Health, Acute and CFT) but I have asked if there were any plans in place for CFT specific events.

I'll let you know when I get a response.

Has there been any progress on this?

July 26. 2011
Jamie Bull

I've now had a response from the FTN on running an event for Aspirant CFT Project Managers:

We are open to offering opportunities for aspirant CFTs but we haven't come across many issues which aren't already covered in either our general events for aspirants, or in the Community Services Group. If you have suggestions of what subjects would be useful for your group specifically which relate to the FT application, I'd be happy to look into whether it is something we could offer as part of the FTN Preparation Programme.

In the past we have hosted sessions for FT project leads in ambulance trusts, I would be happy to do the same for CFT leads if that would be helpful. These are informal round-table discussion sessions, they don't usually include any presentations but allow you to network and share issues/ideas.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Jamie.

July 27. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read

I would welcome getting together in this way.  I find that the CEO, Strategy Director, Finance Director and CFT Lead Director all go to these other events which you mention and then come back to give a potted resume of what was said.

As project manger, however, I am expected to understand all the guidance and know exactly what actually needs doing on the ground to get the project done!  It is this detail that I would appreciate having some conversations around.

Mark

July 28. 2011
Vivian Wood

Like Mark, I think an informal networking and information sharing event would be a useful starting point. Our Chair and Chief Exec are enthusiastic  attenders at FTN and Monitor  events but I get virtually no feedback from them.

My Director has also commented on more than one occasion that so far I have completely failed to network and share experience / gather intelligence  with   my counterparts in the other aspirant Communuity FTs !

I have also been project manager for an FT application, not sure if anyone else has previous experience of the process. If there is information or experience that I can share then I would be pleased to do so – and there is always more to learn !

Best wishes

Vivian

August 03. 2011
Jamie Bull

Thanks for your comments Mark and Vivian.

I've asked Carly at the FTN to look into arranging this for us but she is on leave until Monday - hopefully we can get something in the diaries sooner rather than later.

Once we get a date agreed, I'll put together a draft agenda and circulate for comments/additions.

Kind regards,
Jamie.

August 10. 2011
Jamie Bull

Dear All,

The FTN have indicated the 4th October as a possible date for a networking session for CFT Project Leads (venue to be advised).

We will obviously need to go with majority attendance here so could people get back to me by the end of the week indicating their availability?

Thanks and best regards,
Jamie.

August 11. 2011
Sarah Gilbertson

Hi Jamie,

I would be available on 4th October and am really keen to attend something like this.  It would be great to hear how others are finding the project manager role and interpreting the guidance where CFT is not an obvious fit.  There are more and more people getting involved in the application here, yet it can still feel pretty isolated in this role! 

Best wishes

Sarah

Liverpool Community Health

August 11. 2011
Vivian Wood

Hi Jamie,

I can do this date.

Regards

Vivian

August 11. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read

I can also make this date - not sure where everyone else is based, but for me a venue 'up north' would be prefereable to a London venue (me being based in Derbyshire)!

If it does have to be London can we have a start later in teh morning so we don't all have to get up at ridiculous o'clock to get there for 9:30?

Thanks

Mark

September 27. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read

I am assuming this CFT Project Leads event never got organised, as I haven't seen anything further about it

Mark

October 29. 2011
Jamie Bull

Hi Mark,

As far as I'm aware,the event did go ahead.  I was on paternity leave and none of my colleagues were available to attend unfortunately.

Can any of those who attended give feedback on the event?

Thanks,
Jamie.

October 31. 2011
Mark Armstrong-Read

If it went ahead, when and how did the details get circulated, as i didn't get anything?

Thanks

Mark

November 03. 2011
Jamie Bull

Mark,

This details were circulated by Carly Wilson at the FTN and went to all CFT Project Leads and Trust Secretaries.

Kind regards,
Jamie.