Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Aspirant CFT Project Leads

General discussion on CFT application

Network navigation

Monitor consultaion on community service governance indicators

Up to General discussion on CFT application
June 21. 2011
Vivian Wood

Met with our Chair and a Non-exec today to go through our response.

Ref Q2 - Data. We basically disagree with the proposal to use data  completeness as a proxy for good governance and have provided a rationale - which the chair and ned fully understand.   They felt that we should be suggesteing an interim solution or alternative - which we haven't so far come up with. I was wondering if anyone else had any alternative proposals.

Best wishes

Vivian Wood

Cnetrla London Community Healthcare NHS Trust

June 24. 2011
Jamie Bull

Hi Vivian,

I mentioned this to our Director of Clinical Performance and he responded as follows:

"I don’t completely agree with our London Colleagues.  Data completeness and accuracy are essential for good governance as if you don’t know whats going on how can you manage it ?  I think whats important here is that on the CFT journey, that there is a demonstrable improvement in the quality of information that Boards and management teams use to govern services and I don’t think that anyone would argue that an organisation that cant “see” 50% or more of its service lines accurately portrayed can manage its systems.  So for me it’s the level of data completeness that would be used as a proxy not the principle."

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,
Jamie.

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust