|When||Nov 22, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM|
|Where||Hallam Conference Centre, London|
|Contact Phone||01932 429933|
|Add event to calendar||
The Deprivation of Liberty safeguards came into force in April 2009.
This masterclass will explore the rationale behind the measures and examine the practical implications for health care professionals. There will be a detailed analysis of what constitutes deprivation of liberty rather than restriction of liberty.
Delegates will have the opportunity to raise issues and concerns specific to their own practice. The course will be run by Kate Hill, a mental health care lawyer, and will be case study led.
- Overview of the Mental Capacity Act and the introduction of deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Best interests case study
- The court of protection and recent case law
- Documentation and the FMA
- Completing the forms
- The application process: urgent authorisations and applications for standard authorisations
- Capacity assessment case study
- What is a deprivation of liberty? Case studies